Yellow Brick Road I (first published as Yellow Brick Road / イエロー・ブリック・ロード) is a CD-ROM-based fantasy adventure game developed by Synergy for the Pippin Atmark console. It is based on the L. Frank Baum novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and features elements of RPG and fighting gameplay.
Yellow Brick Road was initially released in September 1995 as a hybrid disc for Windows 3.1 and Macintosh by Synergy in Japan, and in the United States in 1996 by its American subsidiary Synergy Interactive. It was released on August 30, 1996 by Acclaim Japan for the Sony PlayStation and Sega Saturn consoles.
In 1997, Synergy released the Pippin port in Japan as Yellow Brick Road I along with its sequel Yellow Brick Road II. A memory module with at least 2MB of RAM must be added to the default console configuration for the game to run.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 PIPPIN@MARK software release list (Japanese), Retrogeme.
- ↑ Yellow Brick Road (Saturn) by Synergy by Saturn Memories, YouTube. 2014-07-24.
- ↑ Yellow Brick Road (PC CD-ROM game) by SYNERGY 1996 by zagrib, eBay. 2017-03-16.
- ↑ Yellow Brick Road Releases, MobyGames.
- ↑ Adding Memory to the Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-07-30.
- Yellow Brick Road at A for Adventure (2015-02-02)
- Yellow Brick Road at GameFAQs
- YellowBrickRoad1 (Japanese) at Maison PiPPiN (archived 2009-08-05)
- Yellow Brick Road at MobyGames
- Yellow Brick Road I at RF Generation
- Yellow Brick Road at Sega Retro
- Yellow Brick Road at Universal Videogames List
- Yellow Brick Road I at the Video Games Museum