Based on the popular virtual pets, Tamagotchi CD-ROM was developed by 7th Level Productions and released in Japan for Pippin and Macintosh by Bandai Digital Entertainment on August 8, 1997. A floppy disk was included with the original Japanese version CD-ROM. The Windows 95 version was released separately in Japan and the United States in August and September 1997, respectively.
On December 9, 1997, Bandai Digital Entertainment released a free software update which was referred to as "oral medicine" (「内服薬」) to reduce the mortality rate of the digital pets, especially during sickness.
- ↑ PIPPIN@MARK software release list (Japanese), Retrogeme.
- ↑ Let’s Play Apple Pippin: Tamagotchi CD-ROM (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Le Journal du Lapin. 2018-02-18.
- ↑ Tamagotchi CD-ROM Releases, MobyGames.
- ↑ Ordering Software, Bandai Digital Entertainment. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ たまごっちCD-ROM（Mac&Pippin版）用の追加ソフト「内服薬」の無償配布について, Bandai Digital Entertainment (Japanese). Archived 1998-01-12.