Star Wars: Rebel Assault is a rail shooter game that had been announced for Pippin Atmark. It is one of the first games to make use of full motion video on the CD-ROM medium.
Developed by LucasArts, the game was first released separately for MS-DOS and Macintosh in 1993. Versions for the 3DO and Sega CD / Mega-CD game consoles were released in 1994.
A Pippin version of Rebel Assault had been announced by Bandai and previewed in game magazines, but does not appear to have been released.
Jewelcase cover with obi of Mega-CD version (1994).
- ↑ Pippin software, Bandai Digital Entertainment, Japan. Archived 1997-06-27.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 History, LucasArts. Archived 2006-06-23.
- ↑ Star Wars: Rebel Assault Releases, MobyGames.
- ↑ Rebel Assault (Japanese), Third Stage. Archived 1999-09-21.
- ↑ The unreleased games of Pippin by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-08-06.