Shock Wave was first developed for the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer by Electronic Arts' Advanced Technology Group and released in 1994. This original release of Shock Wave was combined with its expansion Shock Wave: Operation JumpGate into a package called Shockwave Assault that was ported to other platforms.
The Pippin port was simply titled Shock Wave on the packaging, but it was also identified as Shock Wave Invasion Earth: 2019 in the opening cutscene and Shockwave Assault: Invasion Earth on the title screen. The on-screen text remained in English while the dialog was dubbed in Japanese. It was released in Japan by Bandai Digital Entertainment in 1996.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pippin software, Bandai Digital Entertainment, Japan. Archived 1997-06-27.
- ↑ Shock Wave Releases (3DO), MobyGames.
- ↑ Shockwave Assault, MobyGames.
- ↑ Shockwave Assault Bandai Pippin by gamingdumpster, YouTube. 2012-03-13.
- Shockwave Assault at Giant Bomb
- Shockwave Assault (Pippin) at MobyGames
- Shockwave Assault at New Games Magazine
- Shock Wave at Universal Videogames List
- Pippin: Shockwave Assault at Video Game Data Base (Portuguese)
- Shockwave Assault at Wikipedia
- @WORLD Software at Bandai Digital Entertainment USA (archived 1997-04-04)
- PIPPIN@MARK software release list at Retrogeme (Japanese)