An earlier iteration, SD Gundam: Gundam Wars, had been developed by TOSE and released by Bandai on April 23, 1993 for its proprietary Datach Joint ROM System for the Nintendo Family Computer in Japan. The Datach accessory scanned barcodes from cards packaged with the game to select characters at the beginning of gameplay or to select commands at the beginning of each turn to use a special attack or item in battle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SD Gundam Wars (Pippin), GameFAQs.
- ↑ SD Gundam Wars (Pippin), GameFAQs.
- ↑ SD Gundam Wars (FAQ) by Devin Morgan, GameFAQs. 2010-04-14.
- ↑ SD Gundam Wars (PC), CNET.
- ↑ SD Gundam Wars (PC), GameFAQs.