Pippin dongles are small external devices that connect to a Pippin console's AppleJack (P-ADB) port, sometimes through an Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) adapter.
Pippin authentication dongleEdit
Sometimes called "security keys", these bypass the Pippin authentication
process, allowing developers to test CD-ROM
software that have not yet been submitted to Apple Computer
or its partners for review.
Pippin adapter donglesEdit
These adapters allowed ADB devices to be used with a Pippin console's AppleJack port, or vice versa. Some of these products never reached the market as finished goods.
- ADB-to-AppleJack adapter
- AppleJack-to-ADB adapter (PA-82005/BDE-8005)
- AppleJack-to-IR transmitter, included as part of the Atmark Wireless Controller Set (BDE-82014)
- AppleJack Y-split "twin" adapter
- ↑ Pippin @WORLD User's Manual, Bandai Digital Entertainment. 1996.
- ↑ Demystifying the Bandai Pippin Developer Dongle, Peter Wong. 2010-04-29.