Music ISLAND vol.1: Peter and the Wolf (プロコフィエフ ピーターと狼) is a CD-ROM-based music entertainment title for the Pippin Atmark console. It features the musical composition Peter and the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev, presented with animation.
Three different editions of Music ISLAND vol.1 were produced: The Original edition includes bilingual English and Japanese support. It also supports General MIDI playback, either with built-in MIDI software or an external sequencer like Cubase, allowing the user to isolate instruments. The Lite edition omits English support and MIDI capabilities. The "Oke Pit" Orchestra & Piano Trainer edition includes the orchestral score sheets and a picture book with musical arrangements for piano solos.
Music ISLAND vol.1 was developed by Oracion (オラシオン) with Macromedia Director and was originally released in 1993 as a set of separate discs (not hybrid) for Windows and Macintosh in Japan. Though it is compatible with older Macintosh computers with 68040 processors and older PCs running Windows 3.1, MIDI support requires a Power Macintosh with a PowerPC processor or a PC running Windows 95.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ピーターと狼 (Japanese), Third Stage. Archived 1999-11-15.
- ↑ パソコンで楽しめる音楽ソフト 「Music ISLANDシリーズ」。 (Japanese), Oracion. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Peter and the Wolf, Oracion. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ The Pippin and MIDI (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2018-01-24.
- ↑ 音楽は親から子、子から孫へ引き継ぐべき教養である (Japanese), Shoichiro's pc 9821 diary. 2013-09-30.
- ↑ PIPPIN@MARK software release list (Japanese), Retrogeme.
- Music ISLAND vol.2: The Nutcracker
- Music ISLAND vol.3: The Four Seasons
- Music ISLAND vol.4: Carnival of the Animals
- Music ISLAND vol.5: The Blue Danube