Mug-O-Matic is a CD-ROM-based entertainment title that was announced by Bandai Digital Entertainment for the Pippin @WORLD console.
Mug-O-Matic was being developed by DigiToy Entertainment and had been promoted on Bandai Digital Entertainment's website in October 1996:
"Take a blank face and add all sorts of facial characteristics that will provide hours of laughter for the whole family."
It was also described in MacUser
(USA) magazine as "a face-compositing toy".
At the time, Apple Computer
's Pippin SDK
offered webcam support for the Connectix QuickCam
However, Mug-O-Matic was dropped from Bandai's lineup by 1997 and was not released.
User interface demo of "eye change".
User interface demo of "eye roll".
User interface demo of "mouth change".
User interface demo of "nose spin".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Other BDE Titles, Bandai Digital Entertainment USA. Archived 1996-10-20.
- ↑ Jim Lambert - Co-founder/Inventor, DigiToy, LinkedIn. 2017.
- ↑ Playtime for Pippin by Carolyn Bickford, MacUser p.27. Ziff-Davis. 1995-09.
- ↑ The Pippin could have had a webcam (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-08-27.
- ↑ Other BDE Titles, Bandai Digital Entertainment USA. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ The unreleased games of Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-08-06.
- ↑ Bandai Pippin by eSPy, Lost Levels Forums. 2014-11-05.