Mug-o-Matic is a CD-ROM-based entertainment title that was announced by Bandai Digital Entertainment for the Pippin @WORLD console.
Mug-o-Matic was being developed by DigiToy Entertainment and had been promoted on Bandai Digital Entertainment's website in October 1996:
"Take a blank face and add all sorts of facial characteristics that will provide hours of laughter for the whole family."
It was also described in MacUser
(USA) magazine as "a face-compositing toy".
At the time, Apple Computer
's Pippin SDK
offered webcam support for the Connectix QuickCam
However, Mug-o-Matic was dropped from Bandai's lineup by 1997 and was not released.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Other BDE Titles, Bandai Digital Entertainment USA. Archived 1996-10-20.
- ↑ Jim Lambert - Co-founder/Inventor, DigiToy, LinkedIn. 2017.
- ↑ Playtime for Pippin by Carolyn Bickford, MacUser p.27. Ziff-Davis. 1995-09.
- ↑ The Pippin could have had a webcam (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-08-27.
- ↑ Other BDE Titles, Bandai Digital Entertainment USA. Archived 1997-07-12.
- ↑ The unreleased games of Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-08-06.
- ↑ Bandai Pippin by eSPy, Lost Levels Forums. 2014-11-05.