MacUser was the brand of three Macintosh-themed magazines published in Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States by SoftBank (ソフトバンク), Dennis Publishing and Ziff Davis, respectively. Founded in 1985, the UK edition was the oldest of the three, and all three have ceased publishing as of February 2015.
The Japanese edition of MacUser was typically bundled with one or more Mac Bin CD-ROMs containing software demos and previews for the Japanese version of Mac OS.
The May 1996 issue of MacUser in Japan contained an original feature 誕生! Pippin ATMARK on MacBin 30, covering the birth of Bandai's Pippin Atmark console. However, it was not authenticated for Pippin consoles and required a Macintosh computer to run.
The January and March 1997 issues contained additional coverage of the Pippin Atmark on Mac Bin 38, 40A and 40B, which could be launched on Pippin consoles. PEASE is included on each disc to allow Pippin consoles to navigate the contents and run software demos.
Mac Bin CD-ROMsEdit
- ↑ Long-running Apple rag MacUser Magazine shuts its doors after 30 years, Apple Insider. 2015-01-16.
- ↑ IDG and Ziff to Merge Mac Publications, PCWorld. 1997-08-04. Archived 2010-03-29.
- ↑ 編集長 松尾公也インタビュー, HotWired (Japanese). 1998-12.
- ↑ La présentation de la Pippin dans un magazine japonais (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Le Journal du Lapin. 2018-11-11.
- ↑ Let’s Play Apple Pippin: MacUser (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Le Journal du Lapin. 2018-05-20.