The Pippin port was released in 1996 by Bandai Digital Entertainment in Japan. A memory module with at least 2MB of RAM must be added to the default console configuration for the game to run. It is considered a spiritual continuation of director Haruhiko Shono's work on L-Zone, which itself was also ported to the Pippin platform.
In 1997, an updated special edition was released as Gadget: Past as Future for PlayStation. It was released as a hybrid disc for Macintosh and Windows in Japan by Synergy Works (シナジーワークス) and internationally in 1998 by Cryo Interactive. However, this version omits puzzle games from the original and replaces spoken dialog with text. An iOS version, titled iGadget HD, was released by NTT Resonant on March 23, 2011.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pippin software (Japanese), Atmark Channel. Archived 1997-06-29.
- ↑ Gadget: Invention, Travel & Adventure Releases, MobyGames. Accessed 2017-04-24.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure, New Games Magazine. 2008-04-01. Accessed 2017-04-24. (DEAD LINK)
- ↑ Adding Memory to the Pippin (French) by Pierre Dandumont, Journal du Lapin. 2016-07-30.
- ↑ Gadget: Past as Future, VGArchive.
- ↑ GADGET ~Past as Future~ (Japanese), VCDS. Accessed 2018-09-28.
- ↑ Gadget: Past as Future by Ryan McSwain, Hardcore Gaming 101. 2011-04-25.
- ↑ Gadget: Past as Future by Fien, Adventure Gamers. 2013-03-14.
- ↑ iGadget HD (iOS), Metacritic. 2011-03-23.
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure by Tom Lenting at Adventure Classic Gaming (2007-08-01)
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure at GameSpot
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure at Giant Bomb
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure by David Young at Inventing Interactive (2011-03-24)
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure (Pippin) at MobyGames
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure by Phil Salvador at The Obscuritory (2014-03-22)
- Video Game / Gadget: Past as Future at TV Tropes
- iGadget iOS at Twitter (Japanese)
- Gadget: Invention, Travel, & Adventure at Universal Videogames List
- Gadget Invention, Travel, & Adventure at Wikipedia