Curio City was first released in October 1995 in Japan as an A4-size periodical. Each included a hybrid CD-ROM authored with Macromedia Director by Peace on Demand (ピース・オン・デマンド) and JTplanning for Windows and Macintosh.
In March 2000, Curio City's online shopping store was spun off by Mitsui. The website was acquired by Yahoo! in April 2005. It was eventually closed and absorbed into Yahoo! Shopping on September 30, 2005.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 多くのファンを惹きつける摩訶不思議な仮想都市Curio City（キュリオシティ）, 『アイ・エム・プレス』 vol 14 (Japanese). 1997-07.
- ↑ 株式会社 ＪＴプランニング｜ご挨拶 (Japanese), JTplanning.
- ↑ Pippin software, Bandai Digital Entertainment, Japan. Archived 1997-06-27.
- ↑ Curio City, Third Stage (Japanese). Archived 1999-09-15.
- ↑ 老舗ショッピングモールの「キュリオシティ」が10年の歴史に幕, Internet Watch (Japanese). 2005-09-14.